Shippensburg University students, faculty, staff, administration, and community patrons may borrow books, audio and video media, and other physical items from the library for specified periods of time; please find the details below. Sorry, journals and other periodicals may not be removed from the library.
Occasionally, someone needs a book which is already checked out to someone else. Patrons may 'Recall' items already checked out. When an item is recalled, the person who has the item checked out will be contacted to return the item to the library for the requester.
Undergraduate items borrowed limit: 50 items at a time
Graduate items borrowed limit: 100 items at a time
Ship Library Books: due back at the end of the current semester
Ship Library Audio and Video Media: due back on the 14th day after the borrowing date (limit 5 borrowed at a time)
Ship Library Materials Renewal: Sorry, no renewals
Books from other libraries: See Interlibrary Loan page
Items borrowed limit: 200 items at a time
Ship Library Books: due back at the end of the current semester (maximum 2 renewals)
Ship Library Audio and Video Media: due back on the 14th day after the borrowing date (limit 10 borrowed at a time, maximum 1 renewal)
Books from other libraries: See: Interlibrary Loan page
General Collection Materials
- No fees are assessed, but students will not be permitted to borrow additional materials until overdue items are returned
- 3 hour material - $1 per hour to a maximum fee of $25
- 1,3,7 day reserve - $5 per day to a maximum fee of $25
- $10 per hour to a maximum fee of $2,200
Note: Recall is only available to Shippensburg University Students, Faculty, Staff, and Administrators.
If you find a record for an item in the SU Online Catalog which has the status of Checked Out or Renewed, you may 'Recall' this item by following these steps:
- With the item's record displayed, click on Request on the tool bar at the top of the screen
- Type your Library I.D. # from your University I.D. (this number begins with 65...) and then your last name. Click on Login
- Choose Recall from the drop down box. Click on OK
- At the OPAC Request Recall screen, verify the title of the book you wish to recall. Type in your Library I.D.# at the Barcode box. Verify the number of days that you wish the recall to be in effect at the Not Needed After box. Click on the Submit Request button
- A message appears at the top of the screen indicating that your recall was successful. You will be notified via e-mail as soon as the book is returned to the library. The book will be held for you at the Circulation Desk
View a Tutorial which demonstrates the process step-by-step.