Who are the Learning Specialists?
Learning specialists, like Jaime Juarez and Sherry Hillyard (pictured above), are professional staff members who are trained to work with students to help them develop better study strategies.
How can a Learning Specialist help me?
Learning Specialists are available to serve the entire campus community, which includes:
- Students with disabilities
- Students on academic probation
- Students wishing to improve testing performance or overcome test anxiety
- Any student wanting support in developing good study habits
Learning Specialists are committed to helping students reach their academic goals and offer the following services:
- Conducting a study behavior assessment, which helps evaluate a students strengths and challenges with regards to academics
- Assisting students to develop methods of managing their time and class assignments
- Helping students on probation get themselves back on track academically
- Serving as a mentor to students who require ongoing academic support
You can make an appointment with a Learning Specialist by contacting the Learning Center. Call 477-1420 or stop by the Main Level of Lehman Library.