Setting Up Your Preferences
Access the Preferences tool
- From My Home, click the Preferences link in the My Settings widget.
- Use the tabs across the top of the page to view and edit different presentation options: General Preferences
- Appearance & Accessibility
- Language & Region
Preferences on this tab are not related to a specific tool.
- Online Status Changes your online status so that you appear offline even when you are logged into the system.
- CD-ROM Drive - Select the drive letter used by your computer's CD-ROM drive. This setting is used when you view course content that references files on a course CD. Not applicable for Mac users.
Appearance & Accessibility
- Font Settings - Adjusting the font face and font size changes the default font and size of the text. It does not affect images, documents, and other objects such as math equations.
- Dialog Setting - The Show secondary window as selector enables secondary windows as pop-ups instead of dialog boxes. This setting helps screen readers and other assistive technologies separate the content of the secondary window from the main window. If you are using assistive technology such as a screen reader, we strongly recommend showing secondary windows as pop-ups.
- HTML Editor Settings - The HTML editor enables you to enter text and HTML in the system. It has many additional rich text features, if you use assistive technology such as screen readers, some of these features might be difficult to navigate.
- Math Display - You can display Math using a Java Applet or inline MathML. We recommend MathML If you are using assistive technology. Note Firefox supports the display of inline MathML. Other browsers require the Java applet to render equations.
Language & Region
Preferred Locale and Language Sets which locale to use for screen orientation, text, and graphics in the system.
- Time Zone - Sets all dates that include times to correspond with the time zone you specify in Learning Environment.
- Show the discussion topics list - Sets whether you want to see a list of topics in a left panel when reading messages.
- Show the search bar - Sets whether you want to show a search bar in the Message List view.
- Show the preview pane - If you are not showing message text on the main page, this option enables you to specify whether to see the full message in a preview pane at the bottom of the page, or to see the full message in a secondary window.
- Default Message List View - Specifies how you want to visually represent the message hierarchy within the Message List view. Threaded View indents sub-topics underneath their parent topics, whereas Un-threaded View does not.
- Message List Style - Specifies whether to show the text for discussion messages in the main page, or just the titles.
- Message Fields to Display - You can choose to also display the Org Defined ID for the message author and the Message ID of the discussion messages in the Message List view.
- Character Limits - Specifies the character limit of each message subject in the Message List view.
- Reply Settings - Sets whether you want to include original messages with your replies.
- ‘Reply to’ Email Address - Enables the instructor to specify what email address messages sent from the system display.
- Email Signature - Creates an email signature to include at the bottom of an email messages.