Activating or Deactivating a Course
Active vs. Inactive
Following is a description of active and inactive courses. An instructor sees both in the list of courses.
Note: Courses are created as ACTIVE and the dates are set based on the official start and end date of the semester.
An active course appears in the list of courses for students enrolled in the course. Students can access/enter the course only during the period defined by the StartDate and EndDate as specified by the instructor.
An Inactive course appears in the list of courses only for the instructor. If an instructor inactivates a course, that course appears as inactive in the list of courses for the instructor, but it no longer displays in the list of courses for students enrolled in that class. Inactive courses are identified by this icon
To make a course inactive:
- Login to Desire2Learn
- On the My Home page, in the list of My Courses, click the course you want to make inactive.
- In the upper right corner of the Course Home page, click on the EDIT COURSE link. The Course Administration page appears.
- Click COURSE OFFERING INFORMATION. The Course Offering Information page appears.
- Uncheck the Course is active button to make the course inactive.
- To adjust the course Start Date and End Date, select the Course has start date/Course has end date checkbox and enter the desired dates.
- Click on the SAVE button.