Hire Ed! Workshop Series
(Back... With a New Twist!)
Check out this nine-week workshop series beginning with three sessions on resume building. This semester we are exploring general resume writing along with federal resume building and the state employment process. Come learn about careers “outside the box” and ways to prepare your resume for all types of careers from the experts!
All workshops are held on Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30 in DHC051.For more information, or to sign up for these workshops, please contact the Career Development Center at 717-477-1484 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Resume Building
Presented by: Career Development Center
Date: September 20, 2011
This is a great workshop for all students interested in getting started with a resume or students interested in updating or reviewing their resumes.
Exploring Federal Resume Preparation
Presented by: Jeffrey Hanks, Employment/Transition Assistance ProgramManager, Army Community Services
Date: September 27, 2011
This workshop appeals to all students interested in learning more about beginning the federal employment process. No matter what your major this workshop is beneficial to all students. Keep in mind that the federal employment process is lengthy, so it is never too early to start!
Keeping Career Options Open with PA State Employment
Presented by: Susan Zehner, Department Recruiter, PA Department of Labor & Industry
Date: October 4, 2011
This workshop examines the process of state employment – another great workshop for any student with an interest in state employment. Come to learn from an expert!
Unable to attend any of the scheduled workshops, but still need information on career-related topics? Click on the links below for more information:
Cover letter tips/strategies
Workshops are presented in classes, for student clubs/organizations, and through the CDC. Workshop topics include:
- Cover Letters
- Graduate School Information
- Job Search Strategies
- Portfolio Development
- Job Fair Success
- Visit our online calendar or stop in the CDC for upcoming dates & times and to view additional workshop/programs.
Can't Attend a Workshop in Person?
The CDC offers career-related workshops online (listed below).
Consider completing a survey regarding the online interviewing workshops (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHGC65F)
You may submit your resume via email for electronic review. In order to take advantage of this service, follow the steps below:
- Allow a minimum of 7 days for response to resume critiques. Resumes will be reviewed in the order they are received. If you need feedback on your resume quicker than this process allows, please visit the CDC during Walk-In Hours or contact the CDC to schedule an appointment.
- Resumes must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Only documents submitted in Microsoft Word will be critiqued.
- Electronic critiques are not a guarantee for accuracy. Ultimately, you are responsible for the correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in your resume and job-search related documents.
- Electronic services do not replace existing services. Please visit the office whenever possible to assist with your career-related needs.
- Consider completing a survey regarding the online resume workshop (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HFPLGB5)